Hundreds of hospital staff who go above and beyond for their patients on a daily basis have been recognised at a special awards ceremony.
Around 200 patients, volunteers and staff members from across United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT), came together to celebrate at the annual ULHT Staff Awards which recognises and celebrates the dedication and hard work of staff.
This year more than 600 nominations were received for staff in a wide range of job roles, all showcasing the fantastic quality of care that is given to patients and colleagues in Lincolnshire’s hospital.
At the ceremony, held on Thursday 2 May at the EPIC Centre at Lincolnshire Showground, there were 12 award categories including awards for outstanding leader, unsung hero, research and innovation and great patient experience.
ULHT Chief Executive, Jan Sobieraj, said: “This year has seen some really great improvements at ULHT and our Staff Awards is a great way to recognise this.”
“This was my last Staff Awards at ULHT. I have seen so many examples of how our staff have gone above and beyond for their patients during my time at the Trust and the Staff Awards really highlights just how far people will go to provide the best possible care.”
A raffle held on the evening also raised £837 to help fund next year’s event as the whole awards are funded entirely by sponsorship and charitable funds.
Trust Chair, Elaine Baylis, said: “All of those who were nominated and those who were shortlisted in the Staff Awards should be really proud.
“We know that staff at ULHT provide excellent care to the people of Lincolnshire and recognising this is really important. Thank you to everyone for their hard work but also to everyone who took the time to nominate.”
The awards was hosted by BBC Radio Lincolnshire’s Melvyn Prior and each highly commended and award winner was presented with a trophy and/or certificate by a member of the Trust Board, a patient representative or sponsor.
The winners and those highly commended at this year’s staff awards are:
Great patient experience award
- Winner: Reverend Pamela Beattie, Chaplain, Lincoln County Hospital
- Highly commended: Nikki Hakes, nursery nurse, Rainforest Ward, Lincoln County Hospital
Chair’s compassion and respect award
- Winner: Intensive Care Unit, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
- Highly commended: Hanna Tidder, Team Lead Occupational Therapist, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Unsung hero – non clinical
- Winner: Michael Foreman, Quality and Safety Officer, Lincoln County Hospital
- Highly commended: Natasha Holman, Secretary, Stroke Unit, Lincoln County Hospital
Volunteer of the year
- Winner: Ruth Stephenson, Carlton Coleby, Lincoln County Hospital
- Highly commended: Paul Cartwright, Rose Doughty, Simon Clayton, Liz Peachman, Anne Hunter, Chaplaincy
Research, innovation and education
- Winner: Birth Choice clinic team – Sandra Pygott, Jane Dalton, Beverly Pearson, Sucheta Jindal, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
- Highly commended: Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager, Grantham and District Hospital
Team of the year – non clinical
- Winner: Communications and engagement team, Trustwide
- Highly commended: Helen Woods and Philippa Womble, PALS team, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Extra mile – clinical
- Winner: Angie Ellis, Haradikar Varadaraj and specialist nurses, Urology, Lincoln County Hospital
- Highly commended: Beverley Gambles, Macmillan Cancer Information Facilitator, Lincoln County Hospital
Unsung heroes – clinical
- Winner: Linda Brackenbury, Healthcare Support Worker, Chemotherapy Suite, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
- Highly commended: Marguerite Close, Physiotherapist, Grantham and District Hospital
- Winner: Catherine Havard, Hospital at Night Site Lead, Grantham and District Hospital
- Highly commended: Cindy Devlin, Sister, Daycase/Pre-assessment, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Team of the year – clinical
- Winner: Dixon Ward, Lincoln County Hospital
- Highly commended: Peer-to-peer flu vaccinators – Laura Gibb, Sam McCarthy-Phull, Yvonne Ryan, Jayne Wiltshire, Ken Ridley, Kathy Monaghan, Kaye Coupland, Hazel Kimm, Andrea Mcleod, Tracey Lenton, Rheinallt Morgan, Daneil Overton, Rachel Carritt, Bicki Ripley, Iona Brown, Marie Storey, Sarah-Jane Smith, Ashley Farrer, Jennifer Thompson, Pauline Marsden, Trustwide
Extra mile – non clinical
- Winner: Janice Joyce, Clerical Administrator, Outpatients, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
- Highly commended: Jason Lindsay, Data Co-Ordinator, Lincoln County Hospital
Chief Executive’s award
- Winner: Paediatrics, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
The ULHT staff awards were funded through sponsorship by suppliers and friends of the Trust. These were:
- Lincolnshire Clinical Research Facility